Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thursday so soon?

Time alone with my computer has been fleeting, so say the least. Kids, work (and work time on the computer does not count as quality time, just for clarification), fruitless volunteer efforts, house stuff ... you get the idea. It's generally referred to as life.

Hmmm.

I had to punish a child last night; while the girls may disagree, it is not a task I relish. But sometimes, as was the case last night, it was necessary. Maybe someday she'll thank me; I doubt it's tomorrow.

I am thinking ahead to spring break, where our travels should take us. The girls want Hawaii, but I'm not sure that will happen - going to Hawaii is akin to taking the entire family to Europe. We've considered Big Bend National Park, a cruise, or an island. Sylvia wants to go to Colorado to see my brother and his girlfriend. But we've been to Colorado fairly recently ... and more importantly, Barb won't be there, as she'll be visiting her mother. So many places to go ... we're still thinking. We are going to San Antonio over Thanksgiving. It's one of those Texas must-see destinations. Thus we must see it.

The recycling initiative? Failed. The HOA board wants more evidence that residents want it. More than a 90 percent approval rate, I guess. Disappointing, to say the least. But we shall persevere - maybe next year will be the year?

Hope the rest of my day is not as dull as what I have just written ... maybe I'll spend some time searching for my muse, who appears to be hiding.

No comments: