Thursday, October 11, 2007

Is this stuff for real?

I missed the mail today. I have had thank you notes from the girls' birthdays - all of which occurred more than a month ago, oops - on my desk for weeks. All I need to do is put stamps on the envelopes and put them in the out-going mail.

Apparently this is too much for me. Maybe I can ask the housekeeper to do it for me; it's the only way I can get anything done is by outsourcing.

That Ann Coulter is back in the news. I hesitate to mention this, lest it give her more notoriety. But really. Does she really mean anything she says, or is she just trying to stir up controversy? This week she's on a roll: First, she has suggested that we (the United States) would be better off if women did not vote. Yes, you read that correctly. Apparently, according to Ms. Coulter, women voters are to blame for electing Democrats. If women didn't vote, then we would no longer be in danger of having Democratic presidents.

I won't even dignify her comment with a response. But her next one is a real doozy: According to Coulter, life in America would be much simpler if we were all Christian. When she dreams of a happy America, she thinks back to the Republican convention. She sees people who are all alike, and it makes her happy. Besides, she says, Jews are halfway to being Christian anyway; they just need to be "perfected."

There is no way I'm making this up - I am not that creative. I just keep wondering what her motivation is. Publicity? Attention? Provoking others? Hearing the sound of her own voice?

This week has been exhausting. Kids, work, blah, blah. I finally - finally! - have some of my life under control. Let's see if I can corral the rest this weekend.

No comments: