Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Start spreading the news ...

We're leaving today. Or the today that starts after I get some sleep.

It's 12.30 a.m. I've been to the honky tonk - pretty fun. I've been to the eye doctor today, to get my nails done (fabulous) and sat throught gymnastics. I've addressed birthday invitations, hung with my parents.

But - oh no! - I have yet to pack. Our flight doesn't leave til 1.30; I have plenty of time.

I am excited about New York. The restaurants are chosen. Theater tickets purchased. Yankees tickets reserved. Weather ordered. Friends contacted (hi, Pete!)

And I am good to go. Soon as the suitcase is packed, iPod synched. New York, New York, what a wonderful town ...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Okay...from your post about the iphone...I thought you got the iphone for Maddie!! I have to admit that I was the tiniest bit disgusted. I mean...who can compete with that? (And I totally want to be the coolest mom.) I didn't say anything to her until we were at the Apple store a few days ago, and just to break the blow softly...as she gently cradled a new iphone...I excitedly told her that Maddie had gotten one for her birthday. Her eyes opened so, so wide. Then a few days later she told me Maddie didn't get an iphone...her mom did. Phew! Thanks for towing the line.