Thursday, August 16, 2007

More of the mundane

My toe is numb.

This happened to me once before, a few years ago, after I went ice skating. My second toe felt numb - no idea if it came from the rental skates or what. I kept watching to see if it would turn black, but no such drama. Eventually it just returned to normal.

So it has happened again. Only this time, it's my left foot. I am watching, and no, it's not black. Just feels weird, as if it isn't touching the toe next to it. It's a strange sensation, as if a foreign object is attached to the end of my foot.

Ick.

I took the girls to do some school shopping. I am a big fan of the school now offering the school supplies in pre-assembled packets - I don't care if it costs more, as it saves me from tramping up and down the aisles of Target searching for 100-count packages of paper, or 50-count notecards, or 1 1/2" binders - items that are not in stock or the store doesn't carry or has never even heard of. But one of my darling daughters did not care to purchase the school's supplies; she did not like the binder choices last year. So, she and I accumulated the needed items. With the exception of graph paper (they were out) and wide-rule paper (very pricey - the bargain-priced stuff was gone). Thus tomorrow we must visit Office Depot. Or Office Max, whichever one is in the strip mall up the road. I tend to use those two store names interchangeably.

Tomorrow, eye doctor. Then much work to do. And then? Who knows. But I like the possibilities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ADORE school supplies and wish I had the need for them. Even when I am in school, it's rare that I need anything more than a sketch notebook, three-ring binder and some pencils. All my other supplies are in the form of metal. In HS, I remember buying those cheap Bic pens every year, medium point, blue. I also only used college rule paper. In college, I switched to fine point pens, still in blue. Ah, memories.

Enjoy your shopping and I hope your toe regains it's feeling. I have Raynaud's syndrome which causes my toes and fingers to turn white and numb if they get too cold. I inherited that from my mom. It's really weird.

Cindy said...

I love school supplies, too - I managed to sneak an item or two just for me into the cart.

Still waiting for the toe to regain its feeling ...