Thursday, April 19, 2007

Marathon Mah Jongg

I am strangely tired. So tired. I'm having trouble staying awake.

I'm blaming it on the Mah Jongg.

For future reference, four hours of Mah Jongg? About two hours too many. Lucky for me, I looked at my phone about halfway through, and I had a *message* and had to cut out. I love to play, but this new system (Wright Patterson, not national) is different. I'll learn, but I'm just getting used to it. Keeping score, counting flowers and winds, pungskongsquints, prevailing winds, honors and terminals ... my head is spinning.

Went grocery shopping today. I mention it because I've been putting it off for some time. But now it's done. Then, rather than put away the Easter decorations (I know, I know ...) I called a friend and yakked for about an hour, then read aloud to Sylvia several chapters of These Happy Golden Years. We are loving the saga of Laura and her *beau.*

This one of my favorite parts of parenting, reading aloud beloved books to my girls. Especially at the expense of other must-do tasks.

There's always tomorrow. For putting away said Easter stuff, for exercising, for finishing my book, for making the return to the hardware store. Must buy a baby gift, pick up a chair for the sunroom, select paint colors. And on and on.

But tomorrow is Friday. The weekend begins.

Adios, Sanjaya. I think he made the whole American Idol experience more fun. Whom will we laugh at now? I'm rooting for Melinda to win it all, which pits me against the girls, who want Blake or Jordin. We shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about Melinda. I am rooting for her. The others are good (especially Jordin), but I think she is the best. Outstanding singing. Glad you are now hooked. See ya.