Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lazy

I went to the dentist this morning. I hate the dentist. Hatehatehatehate. Ick. But I endured. Ran to Kohl's so I could use my gift card before I lose it, then came home.

And ... that's it. I am wiped out. Why does a trip to the dentist do this to me? Good grief - you'd think I'd done something actually requiring physical exertion. I did work out this morning, but that should give me more energy, not less. Devil!

Maybe I can blame it on staying up too late watching American Experience. Every week it's a new topic, and they keep getting better. From Sister Amie to Jonestown to Robert Kennedy to Haight-Ashbury - talk about quality television. I mean, it's nearly as good as Dancing w/the Stars!

(By the way, did you know RFK and LBJ held one another in utter contempt? I did not. RFK thought Johnson was "mean and evil"; Johnson referred to Kennedy as a "snot-nosed" kid, a privileged brat. These are a paraphrase - the actual quotes last night oozed venom. Ouch.)

I haven't even read the newspaper yet. Though I did go through some papers to file. My office floor is covered with papers now, sorted, but not yet put away. I found a months-old check that I need to deposit; hope they'll still take it (!)

I got a forwarded e-mail today that is false. I get these all the time - one was about how lead is in lipstick, another about a missing girl. Today's was a claim that Britain will no longer include the Holocaust in its history cirriculum.

People need to double-check before sending these on: They are all false. Some you can check on snopes.com, others just a quick Google search. Be wary of your sources, of course, but be equally cautious of e-mails that make outrageous claims.

Naturally, I like to reply to the sender to let them know they've been propagating misinformation. I'm tempted - but only tempted - to correct their grammar and spelling while I'm at it (ie, "it's answer is misleading"), but I always resist the urge. I'm just nice that way.

Let's hope my energy level picks up. And soon!

I may go take a nap while I pretend to watch the news. Ssshhh - don't rat me out :)

No comments: