Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Why?

My mind is plagued with questions today. Why are some in the current administration denying global warming, even when the world's scientists tend to agree the phenomenon is real?

Why did Annette Bening get overlooked in the race for this year's Oscar? Why did she lose to Hilary Swank two years ago?

What will I feed my children tonight?

Why is my Internet connection so slow today?

These and other thoughts are floating around inside my head, begging answers. Alas, I have none.

It's been a quiet, uneventful day. Spent much of the morning on the phone with my favorite friend; together we lamented the fact that it's now long distance, so we have to pay to commiserate about our errant children. We've planned a weekend getaway in Chicago, in April. Tickets for Wicked have been purchased. It will be wonderful, and it will be too short, of this I am certain.

Sylvia came home from school exhausted. She has had a cold and did not feel up to gymnastics. I'm happy to stay home with her, though I kind of like going; it's an hour when I can sit and read. Generally I do this uninterrupted, but last week someone found me. And she is chatty. It's OK; I think she and I could be friends. But since I don't know her that well, I was eyeing my book and my Newsweek longingly.

So why would I be bothered that she sat and talked at me? It's another question to ponder ... I"ll get back to you.

No comments: