Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Overzealous

Housework is not my thing. Hiring someone to clean is not a luxury, but a necessity. It's not that housework is beneath me, I just don't like to do it.

Yet there are some tasks no one can for you, unless you have a live-in housekeeper. Or you're an heiress, or a princess. I am neither.

I was ready to start the dishwasher and realized it wasn't quite full. This, I figured, means it is an excellent time to clear all the Tupperware out of the refrigerator - all those leftovers we don't throw out because that would be wasteful, so we load it into unmarked containers and let it properly age before tossing it.

The things I found were getting scary, the way things shoved way to the back of the icebox tend to be. (Note to self: I really should tackle this more often.) I'll spare you the graphic descriptions, but trust me, it wasn't pretty.

One container I opened was so green, I couldn't even tell what its original form had been. I quickly dumped it down the disposal.

Ooops - it was guacamole from Sunday.

No comments: