Sunday, February 04, 2007

Go, Colts!

Yippee - the Colts won the Super Bowl!

Except that, secretly - or not - I'm not so into the NFL. I like NCAA sports, and I kind of like MLB. But as for the NBA or the NFL ... not so much. Even the prospect of Super Bowl commercials doesn't turn me on.

But I rooted for the Colts, out of loyalty more than an actual preference. But only barely. Though I did tell Sylvia's friend - they're from Chicago - that if she kept showing a preference for da Bears that I might not let Sylvia play with her anymore ... hahaha.

Today was beautiful outside. I assisted in the assembling of our swing set (we didn't get official neighborhood approval - ssshhh). We've been here nearly a year, and it's just now going up. To be fair, pool construction waylaid us a bit. But for the other seven months of delay? Laziness is my guess. But it's getting done; best to do it before Sylvie outgrows it.

I managed to squeeze in finishing one of those stupid Anita Shreve books. Sometimes she's OK, but this one was a dud. The Last Time They Met; I'll spare you the plot spoilers, but it didn't live up to the hype. Not sure I'll read anything else by her. I need to get this predilection for bad literature out of my system.

On a side note, I really appreciated the anonymous comment from a couple weeks ago. Not sure who left it, but it was very sweet and very flattering. I'll just bask in the glory and wonder privately who is secretly following my expurgated exploits.

Though if these are exploits, then my life is secretly very dull. Ah well, better than the alternative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Cindy - it's Anne Brown, aka Tammy's mom, and I'm one of your regular readers and admirers. I left a comment for you on 1/17 so I may be the anonymous person to whom you are referring today. I have you bookmarked and get a kick out of reading about your family and especially your daughters - plus you have excellent writing skills.

Thanks to Tammy and Steve I now have a blog too - keckeley.wordpress.com - if you care to visit. Keep on writing and I'll keep on reading! Thanks for the heads up on Anita Shreve - I agree about her writing but I'm getting much better at discarding a book even when I've read 100+ pages. There are too many excellent reads and not enough reading time in my life - so why spend that time on so-so books?!?