Monday, February 19, 2007

Relief

It's official: I've resigned as editor of Cy-Fair Magazine. And all I can say is: Whew. It's as if a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders. Since January I've been filled with a sense of impending dread, and now it's over. I can move on (already have, in fact, since I turned in some freelance work last week).

There are details - ugly and complex and unpleasant - with which I won't bore you (some of you lucky folks already know). Suffice it to say it's not been a good fit for me. I put on my game face and tried, but it was not to be. But life is full of these little ups and downs, and it has certainly been a learning experience, one that I won't forget. Plus, it will help prepare me for my next venture ... whatever that may be.

So, this week I am taking it easy. Funny - I've been planning this resignation for a month. And when I sat down to write this post - at last, for I've been thinking of doing it with some anticipation - I was almost buoyant. But now it is hitting me and I am feeling a little deflated. The tears may even hit eventually. But I know I've made the right choice, so after a transitional phase, I'll be fine, better than ever.

Onward.

No comments: