Friday, September 15, 2006

Deadlines met

For this week, anyway. There will be more next week. And other stuff to do, as always. You know how it is — just one thing after another, never ending.

But I feel on top of things today. And tonight we have theatre tickets. It's Opening Night, so we get all dressed up and a special reception at intermission. I've never seen The Fantasticks, though I know it's one of (or maybe the?) longest running shows on Broadway. And Jerry Orbach starred in the original off-Broadway production. I'm looking forward to it. And to a date night.

I was reminded yesterday of how hideous the traffic can be here, as I took Sylvia to a make-up gymnastics class at 5.15. p.m. I watched as a driver a few cars ahead of me did not take adavantage of a left-turn signal, holding a line of cars behind her/him hostage to the onslaught of traffic from the opposite direction. Learn, people: You don't stop when it is turning yellow, not at 5.15 in the evening, not in Houston traffic. You go ahead and go. Morons. Grrr.

Then I had to deal with the gymnastics parking lot at 6.30, where it is virtually impossible to get out of one's parking space.

Yes, these are the annoyances with which I deal. Small stuff, really.

When I arrived home from gymnastics, Alison and Madeleine had fixed dinner. Granted, I had asked them to, given them instructions on when to put what into the oven. But still, they did it. The table was set, everything was ready. And they were so proud. Very sweet.

Cooler temps are ahead, and I can't wait. I'm ready to turn off the AC, watch my electric bills become bearable. Awaiting the arrival of fall, Houston-style. I'm not sure what to expect, so it should be fun to see.

No comments: