Thursday, September 07, 2006

And one more thing ...

Madeleine the critic is helping me with my blogging these days. Well, she offers sporadic assistance. Today she is wondering why I listed 99 things in yesterday's post. What can I say? It was an arbitrary decision; no real rhyme or reason.

She thinks I need to add one more to make it an even hundred. Her choice: To point out that I have a preference for blue ink pens.

Guilty as charged. What can I say? I prefer blue to black ink. Always have. I should also note that I prefer medium point. And these days I really prefer gel pens.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that I really love buying pens. Well, I actually love buying any sort of school or office supplies. I like to buy post-its, pens, those really nice wooden pencils (you know, the kind without any paint on them). I like pads of paper, highlighters, tape dispensers, little organizational tools. Love them all. A trip to Office Depot is anything but boring for the likes of me.

So there you have it. Maddie will be pleased to see that I have now been totally upfront about my odd fetishes. But I'm warning you, I could be hiding other unsavory facts. Best not to tell all too soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I too have a preference for blue ink pens. However, I prefer the finest point available. At one time PaperMate made a "professional point" pen that was as fine as hair, but they discontinued it. Because I love a fine point, gel pens don't work for me. I prefer fountain or plain ol' ball point. I don't currently have a favorite since I haven't found one to replace the fineness of the PaperMate. However, that does not stop me from buying them every time I enter an office supply store. I really do love those places!