Monday, June 30, 2008

Quiet, Interrupted

I am fairly certain I heard screams and yelling coming from the neighbors today. This is notable not because we don't yell - quite the opposite - but because I didn't think my neighbors did. In fact, I didn't think it was allowed in uptight-superficial land.

Not all of my neighborhood is uptight and superficial. I know some people who are, in fact, very genuine. But the general vibe of the subdivision, with our well-manicured lawns, freakishly clean houses, and driveways free of unsightly pick-up trucks, is that we are all perfect, all the time.

Nauseating.

We've been reminded that No Fireworks are allowed, per our deed restrictions. But some of the residents are apparently ignoring this warning. Doesn't really bother me - it is the week of July 4, so it's to be expected. And to be honest, I quite like to watch the impromptu displays on the fourth and on New Years. But if letters are sent out for grievances as serious as visible trash cans, then I hope these people are cited for their infractions.

Maybe I'll call them in. A little parting gift from me to my misbehaving neighbors. Am I that mean? What do you think?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call it in as one last "up yours" before you leave. I think it would be hilarious.

Cindy said...

It's tempting, but Tammy, you know me - I am really not that kind of person ....