Friday, July 27, 2007

Home

Ah, to be home. Two weeks away is a looooong time. Fun, yes, but alas, so long.

But it was wonderful. Saw my parents, my brothers, my niece, my brother's girlfriend. Hung out with my family, visited a friend from high school.

Then - and this was fun - spent a week on Lake Murray in southern Oklahoma at a UU camp. Unitarian Universalist. Not the church for everyone, but for us, it is so right. A week of solid community. Fabulous guest speakers (addressing the need for a resurgence of the religious left), workshops (on social justice, nonviolence), music, and friends. We had such fun - it feels so good to spend time with like-minded people. The kids love it, too. It just feels so good to start up a conversation with just any random person. To see a game of Mah Jongg getting started and say hey, mind if I join you? To look at someone at the karaoke party and say, I need someone to sing with. Let's do this together. It's that kind of community.

And now we're home again. It feels good to come home to a tidy house. But now there's laundry to do, mail to sort, an inbox full of e-mails to delete. Must grocery shop. Get organized.

In time, in time.

And ooooohhh, I finished The Book. But that's all I'll say. For now.

No comments: