Saturday, July 14, 2007

Countdown

I want to write about my moveon.org meetup, about blogging, about people who bug me.

But alas, no time. We leave bright and early tomorrow for a two-week vacation, and I need to get stuff together. Plus, we're meeting friends to see Harry Potter, so I really need to get this stuff done.

Pay bills, stop the mail, the paper, send a package. Tidy the house (hate to come home to a mess). Dog details. And so on.

The laundry is mostly done. Got Maddie to her friend's house. Downstairs is done. But I must pack, check on kids' rooms.

We're heading to Graceland, Graceland, Memphis, Tennessee. We're going to Graceland. The it's to DeSoto, Missouri, to see my in-laws. Then a few days in St. Louis with my entire family: parents, three brothers, one girlfriend, one niece. And us - first time in more than ten years. Wow.

Then we're spending a week on Lake Murray in Oklahoma. It's a Unitarian Universalist family camp - doesn't sound like much, but it's pretty fun. An entire week with like-minded people - wow. We had a great time last year.

But I've blocked my afternoons, no classes: I'm going to read Harry Potter before someone ruins it for me. We won't have media access, so it should work out just fine.

So, much to do. I'll be back, though, at the end of July. Maybe sooner, depending on Internet availability.

No comments: