Sunday, July 29, 2007

Catch up

Wow. Coming home is tough. I still have not made it to the grocery store (because this is one of my least favorite tasks in the world - ick). We brought home a bunch of fruit with us, ordered a pizza, found stuff in the freezer, so we have not been starving. I must go today.

But I'm nearly done with my mountain of laundry. My washer is leaking - do I fix the 17-year-old washer or spring for a pricey new one? Such a dilemma .... laundry I don't actually mind, in the grand scheme of housework. It's bearable. I've almost folded everything - even the sheets. Though I hate folding fitted sheets. Mine usually look half folded; what's the diff, I figure, as they're either going into the linen closet or back onto a bed. Do wrinkles matter?

I fold my own sheets. For some reason, I do not care to delegate sheets and bed-making to the cleaner. I am more than happy to let her take care of all the rest, but I like my bed done a certain way, so I do that myself. I read recently that Mrs. Mitt Romney folds her own sheets, too. It may be the only thing the two of us have in common.

Much to do this week: Work stuff, eye doctor, getting ready for school, playdates for the girls, a movie day with friends ... and so on.

So, I've covered laundry, groceries, Mitt Romney, plans for the week. Evidently, I lead a very full and balanced life, rife with metaphysical questions. Or so I keep telling myself anyway ....

No comments: