Monday, June 18, 2007

Catching up

You wouldn't think being home with the kids would be so exhausting. But guess again - it's wearing me out.

And they're really good kids - go figure.

I'm blaming living in the metropolitan sprawl that is Houston. Out here in the northwest burbs, we are miles and miles from everything. So when you factor in the driving to summer school (not at our closest school, naturally) and drivers school, along with camp for the smallest this week, it all adds up to many miles spent behind the wheel.

But I am going to stop bitching about this - it is what it is.

So, recapping: Last Thursday, went to Spamalot. The first half felt like watching the movie - with less talented actors. But the second half changed things up, and the ending was an improvement over the movie. Friday night we went to the neighbors to play euchre - can you believe we lived in Indiana for nearly 10 years and never learned to play? Horrors. Saturday was swim meet day, and the meet was interrupted by torrential rain. But we waited it out in order to finish. I worked the concession stand, pulling on my vast fast food experience. And I was exhausted when it was over. Not so used to being on my feet in that way anymore.

One of the girls had a friend over, and I think I've certainly figured out who the Queen Bee is among this crowd. She's a nice girl, but wow - she's something else. We know the family, and the daughter is very different. And the QB, really, is a nice girl. She just has the air about her. I catch myself wondering how my daughter fits into the group.

Went out to brunch yesterday at a place in Montrose - it ranks very highly on the list of Gay Houston's top choices. Good food - and apparently the place to be seen. I'll keep that in mind ...

Must run - I spent a grueling 15 minutes on the eliptical, so now I must go shower. Cheers!

No comments: