Wednesday, December 06, 2006

How time flies ...

It's December 6. Only six days into the month, and already I am out of time. Frankly, considering how much time I have to myself, this is difficult to comprehend. It is, none the less, true. Most of the Christmas decorations are up, but it's a new house, which means new game plan, and I have no idea where to put things. Slowly, slowly, it's falling into place, but the house is sill sort of in decorating purgatory.

And where, where is the right place for the Evergleam? Is there a proper place for an Evergleam?

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday to pick up a few items (Maddie desperately *needed* lights for her room (?); I figured for a buck ninety-nine, she can have lights. Yesterday was Dec. 5. You'd think it was Jan. 5; the Christmas stuff was so picked over. Another woman walked by and commented, this will teach us to wait until the last minute. I should say; what was I thinking waiting until the month of December had officially started?

Bought new greenery for around the front door, but not enough, so right now it just looks stupid. No lights outside yet, so it looks ignored. At this rate, we'll never keep up with the Joneses (literally or figuratively). I am bursting with holiday sprit; alas, no one can tell. That Dean Martin Christmas music in the background keeps me afloat.

Much, much work to do ... and I'm lagging woefully behind. But I'm getting some stuff done each day.

Today I went to lunch with another Cy Woods (that's the high school) parent; we were shocked to find out how much we have in common. Kind of fun, as I've been feeling like such a suburban misfit. She filled me in on all the others like me; they're out there, but they're disguised as ordinary suburban folks. You just have to know where to look. Apparently, the Cy Woods Drama booster club is full of them; I'll make a note to get more involved on the next play.

Only 19 more shopping days ... and I'm planning a dinner party ... what is wrong with me???

No comments: