Thursday, May 07, 2009

Spring

I've always loved the month of May.

I love the anticipation in the air - school is nearly out, the weather is getting warmer, the shorts and sandals begin to appear.

I was driving somewhere the other day, sun shining, car windows down, and I was reminded of this time of year when I was in high school, riding around with my friend Jami. She was getting ready to graduate; I was going to be in high school for two more years, but I vicariously enjoyed her senioritis.

College must have been fun, too, but I think I had way too much studying to enjoy the springtime. High school was ... well, it was another story. I don't remember feeling that stressed about school work.

This is what I remember about that spring:

1 comment:

Tammy Kirks said...

Oh, my gosh! I had forgotten all about that song. It's so bad it's good! The drummer's short shorts are cracking me up.