Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring Break

I learned a couple of things on spring break this year.

Number one, I learned that I do not love downhill skiing. Everyone raves about what fun it is; everyone says it's the best thing ever.

I will have to respectfully disagree. I found it terrifying. Perhaps I am too old - perhaps I would have enjoyed it more when I was younger, more fool hardy. But at my age, it's just too much for me. The feeling that I could not stop, that I was going too fast, gave me nightmares.

Oh, and I spent part of my vacation week with a migraine. Didn't help.

We had a lot of fun with my brother John and Barbara, his significant other. They are always fun to hang with. Even when Missouri loses its quest for the Final Four.


href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEggHvMsCl0-o-fvQIaiW6244Cs1WxOBedXhoULZ7Yw_G5aT3dNDI8QxY5qc2lVdSd7HHePqtxBZFDLkN64I6oTDi4wYFr3GSdKnW4L_lVjCKMMH80OrwQRrmk27oOLk_nqS5gx2LQ/s1600-h/DSCF0923.JPG">
I spent much of the week curled up on the sofa, enjoying the books I brought with me. Which leads me to the second thing I learned: that vacation does not have to involve lots of activity for me to be happy. Just hanging with Gary and the girls, enjoying a good book, games, and time together is enough for me. I do love a fun vacation in a major metropolitan area, but I also like the laid-back week.

But next time will be at the beach.

No comments: