Wednesday, September 26, 2007

As good as it gets

I got home today much earlier than anticipated - some days, things get done earlier than planned. Which is a good thing.

Thus, I had no excuse not to cook dinner. I love to cook but, oddly enough, I hate to cook dinner. There's just no drama, as opposed to when I have a dinner party - then cooking is fun.

But cook dinner I must - if not every night, then at least on occasion. And today, seeing as I had all this extra time, I figured I would at least get things going. So at 3 p.m. today, I had chicken in the crock pot and the entire kitchen cleaned up - the place looked like a magazine.

(Well, the kitchen anyway. And my desk ...)

But that is the highlight of my day. Unless you count driving three little girls to gymnastics. And seeing someone I know there (whom I like). And reading Newsweek. And catching the end of Dancing with the Stars.

Some days, this is as good as it gets. But, I figure, it always could have been worse. I'll take what I get.

No comments: