Saturday, May 27, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

It ain't so bad being 40.

I had a wonderful day as I transitioned to the over-40 demographic. The girls were wonderful, showering me with gifts ... and reminders that I am no longer in my 30s. My brother John and Barbara are here, so we went to the pool, to dinner, and to play trivia. I got a brand-new fancy Yahtzee game (which we broke in, and I lost. Dreadfully.) I got a new wallet, a DVD, a firepit for the back yard. I got some Godiva chocolate. My friend H sent a very sweet package, and my friend T from high school called.

And I woke up with a dreadful crick in my neck Thursday that hurt more than ever yesterday. A preview of coming attractions, perhaps? It's all downhill from here?

It's the age you feel and all that, right? Being old happens to others; just because your age goes up a number means nothing. I still feel good, still look OK.

I think I'll just ascribe to the belief that life begins at 40. I think I'm in a good place.

Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»